Portland Lighthouse

Portland Lighthouse
Portland Headlight, the lighthouse where missionaries get to volunteer in the warmer months

Monday, January 28, 2019

:)

This week wasn't too crazy. We had zone conference which was fun and met a bunch of pretty cool missionaries.
I went on a quick split with the DL and we went to go teach a lady named Cara. She then told us that meeting the missionaries was a "catalyst for her turning Catholic." I guess they had started teaching her and then her super Catholic family got involved and now she's Catholic.
We were tracting one night and we met a lady who loves Jesus and the Bible and speaks french. My companion was trying to tell her that Jesus came down to the Americas to minister to the people but he said, "Jesus a tombée dans les Ameriques." Which basically means Jesus fell into the Americas. She said "Oh ok byeee." And I don't think I've ever seen someone close the door so fast.
We also went to teach some Spanish speakers with the Jacob, a member from the ward. We had 2 super cool lessons in 100% Spanish which means my companion and I basically did nothing lol. But they seemed super ready for the gospel and want to start coming to church.
Much love! 
Elder Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment