Portland Lighthouse

Portland Lighthouse
Portland Headlight, the lighthouse where missionaries get to volunteer in the warmer months

Monday, February 25, 2019

Transfers and Baptism!

Bonjour tout le monde
These past couple weeks have been pretty good. Unfortunately I don't have very much time so I'll just write the important details.
Danny was baptized and confirmed! His English isn't super great, but after he was confirmed he turned to me and said, "I feel the fire." He is an amazing man, who lived through the Rwandan Genocide and beat stage 4 cancer.
We were tracting an apartment building and after a few minutes of speaking to a man in French, he asked me if I speak English.
Transfers was a week and a half ago and I'm now in a trio with an awesome missionary named Elder Kunzler, training a Visa waiter on his way to Portugal. They've been really easy to get along with and now we speak 3 languages as a companionship.
Also we eat whole fish here in Portland, Africa. Including the head.
Love you all and sorry I couldn't write much this week but I'll update more next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment